Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Breaking the cycle of hurt and anger begins with YOU!

One of the greatest problems in relationships and in the world in general is that people do not take responsibility for their own actions. The first thing that most people do when they "feel" attacked is point the finger and retaliate. The idea that if you kill my dog, I'm gonna kill your cat is an idea that most of us have bought into at one point or another. Most people never realize that the cycle of hurt and anger can be ended with a response of Love. Instead marriages end, relationships are dissolved and homes are destroyed because no one wants to stand up, take responsibility and break the cycle.

In my first marriage my then husband did many things that hurt and disappointed me but what I intended to be ONE act of retaliation ended up lasting for SEVEN years. And resulted in the dissolution of my marriage. How many times have you heard the saying "two wrongs don't make a right"? If your husband treats you wrong and you respond with wrong doing you are both WRONG! And when you stand before God on judgement day He isn't going to ask you what did your husband do to you? He's going to ask how did you respond to it? The Word says in Matthew 5:46 KJV For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? If you only love those that love you, if you only treat people with Love that treat you with love, if you only love and respect your spouse when he love's and respects you WHERE IS THE REWARD IN THAT? The reward is in Matthew 5:11-12  KJV Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. We have to get out of our comfort zone and stop being lead by our emotions, stop allowing satan to fool us and rule us. God didn't tell me to retaliate he told me to rejoice. He told me to Love unconditionally just like He Loved me unconditionally.

So many couples would still be together today if they had the Love that God has outlined for us in the scripture. I know so many people that have dealt with infidelity, in there marriage, and they say they cheated because their spouse cheated; he doesn't spend any time with me so I'm not spending any time with him, he doesn't ever do anything I like to do so I'm not doing anything he likes to do, he didn't buy me a gift so I'm not buying him one, he won't help me around the house so I'm not helping him do anything. How can the cycle end if nobody stands up and responds with Love. When will we come to the point that no matter what you do to me, I'm going to do what's right because that's what God told me to do? You' ll be surprised at how your relationship will change. You never know, God may be using YOU to convert your spouses heart. But as long as you both are acting a fool no one sees God in no one. When you respond in Love you teach your spouse how to respond in Love, and when you both are responding to one another in Love then your marriage can grow.


You may say its easier said than done. And you're right it is. Like anything else it takes practice, you have to work at it daily. You also need the power of God, its not something that you can do on your own. Perhaps this visual will help you: You and your husband are arguing and he is being unloving and unkind and you are responding with disrespect and anger, then suddenly just over your husbands shoulder you see Jesus. Would you continue yelling disrespectful, angry words? Regardless to what your husband is saying would you continue or would your attitude change? Did you know that He is standing there all the time? And you know what He is saying? "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."* No matter what we do, whether good or evil we are not doing it to that person, we are doing it to CHRIST. When you respond to anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, infidelity, disrespect, lies, hurt, unkindness, deception, resentment, evil and negativity with Love, your aren't doing it for that person, you are doing it for Christ out of your LOVE for Christ. We have to pray for Holy Ghost power because we cannot do this of ourselves. It takes the power of God!

Some thoughts and inspirations for this blog post came from: The Love and Respect Experience by Dr. Emerson Eggrichs

*And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. (Matthew 25:40 KJV)







No comments:

Post a Comment

My expectations: NO MALE BASHING! Debate and difference of opinion are okay as long as it is done with LOVE and respect. We will not all see eye to eye on everything but we will be respectful and considerate of one another. We will not put each other down because our issues are different we will lift each other up in word and in deed. When you post your comment it is not immediately viewable to you. Its emailed to me first then I publish it. So don't worry because you don't see it, it's there.