Tuesday, October 16, 2012

FIGHTING satan WITH THE WORD!


As woman of God we are often overwhelmed with being a wife, being a mother, some of you work full time and we also have a plethora of religious duties that we are obligated to complete. Often times every ones needs are placed ahead of our own. When do we stop and deal with our own issues. Some of us are burdened with so many things; low self esteem, unforgiveness, bitterness, resentment, anger, out of control emotions, heart break, loneliness, confusion, depression, insecurities, lack of sexual desire, self hate, jealousy and many other things. Satan uses these things to stunt our growth and prevent us from realizing just how much God truly loves us and just how powerful we are when we walk in the authority that God has given us.
I struggle daily with depression. Satan knows that if he can get me to slip back into depression he will keep me from being all that God has called me to be. And because satan is so wise I never lean to my own understanding but I fight him with the word of God! I ask myself a few questions.  1.) What is the lie that satan is trying to get me to believe today? 2.) what is the truth of the matter? If satan is trying to get me to believe that no one loves me or that I am unloveable then I ask, 3.) What does God say? God says in Psalm 100:5 (New Living Translation) For the LORD is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation. St. John 3:16 (King James Version) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. And the final question 4.) Will I believe satan's lies or God's word?
The next most powerful weapon I use to fight satan is prayer! I begin to pray Father in the name of Jesus please remind me today just how important I am to you and just how much you truly love me even though I do not feel loved right now. Help me to know without a doubt that I am just as important in your kingdom as any of my other brothers and sisters in Christ, and your love for me will forever be faithful and true regardless to my flaws, insecurities, short comings or current situation. I thank you right now father for wrapping your loving arms around me and being the lifter of my head. Replace my sadness with joy for you said in your word that "the joy of The Lord is our strength" and without strength I am unable to fight the deceiver we know as satan. Comfort my heart in the name of Jesus, Amen!
Once I have prayed I begin to give God the praise because that is where the joy comes from. When you are feeling down you'll be surprised at how lifting your voice in song, clapping your hands or praising through dance will lift your spirit and cause satan to flee. Perhaps you are struggling with depression or some other burden, share with us how you fight to stay lifted. Or perhaps you are struggling and need advice on how to make it through, please share your issue so that we can be an encouragement to you!

7 comments:

  1. satan does his best to keep us walking in fear, defeat, anxiety, and whatever other negative emotion he can. In that way, we will never be equipped to fight him on the spiritual level that he must be fought on. As long as we believe satan's lies (who is the father of lies) and not God's truth (who can not tell a lie) we can not overcome the forces of satan. Until we can fully believe WE ARE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD and He has placed within us EVERYTHING we need to fight satan, we will be unsuccessful in our spiritual warfare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Whenever I am feeling down, I praise GOD! I put my Christians CD's as loud as possible ;-) I jump, run, clap, shout praises to my beautiful Lord & Savior! "I love you Lord, I worship you Lord you are my everything, with you all things are possible! I love you , thank for being my God! Please help me to stay focus in you and your word" In Jesus' name amen!
    Blessings <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise is very powerful, reading the word of God out loud throughout your home is a powerful way to keep satan defeated. We have such power and authority bc we belong to Christ, try to remember that victory is already ours, its a war going on for our souls, angels are fighting demons to bring us our victory, don't give up stay faithful and stand strong and give God praise for the victory before it gets to you. Get your dance on for the Lord and throw some stomps in your dance to stomp on satans head he is under our feet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very proud of you and this undertaking. To speak and deal openly and honestly about our issues is NOT what we were taught where we came from. He has truly brought us a mighty long way! Satan's job is to ensure that we remain victims rather than victor's -- to compromise our testimony -- to KEEP US IN BED WITH THE COVERS OVER OUR HEADS. Praise (and worship) is the way to say: I am getting up, taking a shower, getting dressed and taking my life back. It is a sure-fire way to get the devil off of your back and put a song in your heart. To backtrack a little. I appreciate your talking about depression. In our culture we do not deal with emotional and mental issues out of fear and a true lack of understanding. In our churches if you speak about your depression you either have no faith or no relationship with God. I have dealt with depression on and off for years -- without benefit of clinical diagnosis. Many times the new word for it is "stress" which was the underlying cause of both my systemic lupus and fibromyalgia. Satan will tell you there is no reason to get out of bed and you will stay there. Praise will give you a reason. Satan will tell you today is going to be as bad as the day before. Praise will make you say: This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. Satan will tell you God is not coming. Praise says: God has not forgot! Satan stands you in front of a mirror and reveals all of your flaws --
    whether real or imagined. Praise says: We fall down, but we get up; it says: I came to Jesus as I was, weary, worn and sad. I found in Him a resting place and He has made me glad. Satan will tell you and I that we can't make it. Praise says: Walk on by Faith! Keep doing what you're doing daughter. As a First Lady even I need support as a woman. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not married or anything but I'm struggling with a boyfriend I love, we have been together for almost 5 years now. We have been through it all, he has cheated, we've had a failed pregnancy,we constantly fighting and breaking up but we can't live without eachother. No matter what happens we always find away back to eachother then there will be another event that will cause us to break up. I don't know what to do? This breaks my heart each time.

      Delete
    2. Love you really should seek God diligently in regards to this relationship. I don't believe that this is how God wants you to live. If I were you I would take some time away from this relationship and truly seek God for guidance. You never know, perhaps the trials of this relationship have been to make it strong, and grow or perhaps it's God's way of telling you that he is not for you. If I can just share briefly my story, things were not perfect in the beginning of my relationship either so I asked God for a sign. I fasted 21 days and I asked God to show me in sickness only if this man was for me. Shortly after I fasted I got very sick and had to have heart surgery. I am not saying you have to ask for a sign in sickness only but you need to really seek God and know for certain what God wants for you. I love you and I'm praying earnestly for you!

      Delete
  5. @Tina- momma you have no idea how much it meant that you took the time to read the blog! I appreciate it so much! You are absolutely right Praise will turn that thing around!!!!!! The devil can't do anything but flee! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

My expectations: NO MALE BASHING! Debate and difference of opinion are okay as long as it is done with LOVE and respect. We will not all see eye to eye on everything but we will be respectful and considerate of one another. We will not put each other down because our issues are different we will lift each other up in word and in deed. When you post your comment it is not immediately viewable to you. Its emailed to me first then I publish it. So don't worry because you don't see it, it's there.