Friday, January 4, 2013

Have faith in God! Whatever you do DON'T QUIT!


A few posts ago I talked about asking God for confirmation that the man I was in a relationship with was my husband. I fasted, I prayed and I asked God for a sign to show me if this man was for me. God confirmed that he was indeed my husband and we got married. I couldn't have been happier because I knew without a shadow of a doubt that this was God's will for my life, and nothing meant more to me than being in God's will.

Time past and the honey moon phase ended far sooner than I ever expected it would. My husband and I were from to completely different worlds and we couldn't agree on ANYTHING seemingly. The arguments grew worse and worse and the tears flowed more and more! Never in my wildest dreams did I expect for things to be this way. I kept fasting and I kept praying searching for an answer. Then I began to question if God truly said what He said. Was it my imagination? Did God truly confirm that this man was for me? Did I miss something? Am I going crazy? Why would God put me in this kind of situation? I was doing everything God told me to do why was he punishing me? Why wasn't he answering me? Why would he send me here and leave me by myself? I had so many questions and NO answers.


I was at the end of my rope and I was ready to go and God said very clearly "...having done all to stand, STAND THEREFORE! There was no mistaking that He was talking to me or what He said! God began to speak and ironically He used my husband to enlighten me. He said why would you pray for something, and God bless you with it and show you that this is His will for you and then you abandon it because it didn't meet your expectations? 

Many times we look for God and when He doesn't come the way we think or, in the amount of time we think He should, we give up and throw in the towel. God knew exactly what He was doing in choosing my mate for me. God knew my personality, my comfort zone, and my unrealistic expectations that didn't line up with God's Word! God took me out of my comfort zone and aligned my thoughts with His Word. But He never could have done that if I hadn't taken my eyes off of my situation and placed them on Him and what He was trying to do in me. I am willing to bet that I grew more in two years than I have in my whole life. And that growth prepared me for this day. I almost gave up! I almost abandoned one of the greatest blessings of my life, but I thank God for the ability to hear is voice and a willingness to obey! 

Growth doesn't come from everything being smooth and easy. It comes from friction, trials and trouble! The good news is that God has a purpose and a plan for it all, and that plan works together for your good! Furthermore regardless to what it looks like, feels like, or seems like God said He will NEVER leave you or forsake you and never means never!! 

Go through the storm, go through the test, go through the trial, whatever you do DON'T GIVE UP!!! And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. (Galatians 6:9 KJV)

3 comments:

  1. I have been quietly reading.. It is a blessing to see someone else who is transparent in their struggles yet is able to thank God for all of it.. that is how you win souls..

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Oddly enough, my husband just preached on this subject last night!! Next to Love, FAITH is the most powerful force we have as Christians. ANYTHING within the will of God, can be accomplished through Faith. I have learned that over the years. Many years ago, my faith was small, although I thought I had much faith. I have felt abandoned by family, friends, church members, children & even husband at times. I have been in situations where no one could deliver or help me - but GOD!!! God has literally made me physically ill in order to move me out of my "comfort zone" into a place where He could bless my life. Never in my little mind or my wildest imagination would I have placed myself where I am today. Many times when people feel they are doing things to you for evil, God turns it into good - all for HIS glory!! I am always amazed at the story of the 3 Hebrew boys who faced a certain and horrible death by a fire heated 7 times greater than normal!! Yet facing certain death, they stood flat-footed, without concern for their life, or to give the king an answer, but said, "we are NOT going to bow, and if our God doesn't deliver us---WE STILL BELIEVE HE'S ABLE!!!" That's POWERFUL Faith, and it's the kind of Faith every believer will need as we face these turbulent last days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! God broke many barriers when He allowed you to be used as His vessel in giving this testimony. Marriages will be tested but by the word of God no weapon formed against them will prosper. That is powerful within it self. Thank you for stepping out on faith and being used by God.

    ReplyDelete

My expectations: NO MALE BASHING! Debate and difference of opinion are okay as long as it is done with LOVE and respect. We will not all see eye to eye on everything but we will be respectful and considerate of one another. We will not put each other down because our issues are different we will lift each other up in word and in deed. When you post your comment it is not immediately viewable to you. Its emailed to me first then I publish it. So don't worry because you don't see it, it's there.